Midlothian ISD offers many Advanced Placement courses through College Board to those students who are interested in pursuing college level courses while still in high school. These courses are equivalent to introductory level college courses, and the potential to earn college credit is possible if a specific level of achievement is met on the AP exam.
AP® Program resources and processes designed to help students earn college credit and placement. Students get personalized feedback through new digital tools that provide daily support for every AP classroom. Teachers are able to track student progress throughout the year.
Here is important information that parents and students need to know:
AP Exam registration details
- All students enrolled in AP courses are expected to take the associated AP exam.
- AP Exam registration takes place in the fall for year long courses.
- AP Exams are given in May with specific dates for each subject area.
- Registration & payment will be from October 1st through - October 29th, 2022.
- Cost for on-time registration is $35. Exam waiver fees are available for eligible students.
Late registration for all fall semester and year-long courses will incur an additional $15 fee and will run from October 30th, 2022 through November 5th, 2022.
There will be no registration for fall semester or year-long courses after Nov. 5th, 2022.
- Please check with your student's campus for the Total Registration link that is specific to your student's campus.
To get ready for the coming school year, please encourage your student to sign up for a College Board account if they do not already have one. All College Board programs are connected through one account. If your student created one for the PSAT/NMSQT®, SAT®, or College Board Opportunity Scholarships, they are all set. They will need to have their username and password available at the beginning of the school year.
Learn more at https://parents.collegeboard.org