Volunteer Background Check
Midlothian ISD welcomes parents and community members to volunteer on our campuses!
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we ask all visitors to review the guidelines below:
On-Campus Visitors or Volunteers
Including those attending school assemblies, lunch and class parties
- All visitors must present their state-issued ID at the front office to run through Raptor before going into the main part of the campus.
- All visitors will be issued a name badge to be worn at all times while on campus.
- If you have younger children attending with you, please monitor them at all times to ensure their safety and to keep disruption of classes to a minimum.
On-Campus Chaperones or Field Trip Chaperones Background Check Requirements
Includes those attending an off-campus event with a class or those managing an event/club such as field day on campus. Any MISD staff member who is attending an event as a chaperone (not in teacher capacity) must complete this form.
- Background checks are valid for one school year from July 1 through June 30.
- The background check form must be renewed every school year that you choose to be a volunteer or chaperone.
- The background check form can be completed at your discretion at the beginning of each school year. Forms must be submitted AFTER July 1 for the upcoming school year.
- The background check form must be completed and submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the event. Please note, background checks can take up to 15 business days to be processed.
- Chaperone must check in at the front desk for a name badge.
- Check-in with the staff member in charge of the event you are participating in.
If you have questions regarding the background check process, please email email@example.com or call 469-856-5000.